LMCU $25,000 Home Makeover Sweepstakes
1. TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Michigan to enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes runs from 12:00PM EST on Thursday, February 28, 2013 through 12:00 PM EST on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and entries must be received by 12:00 PM EST Friday, May 3, 2013. To enter, log onto www.LMCU.org, follow the contest link and $25,000 home makeover link and fully complete and submit an online entry form. Limit one entry per person, per day, and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single e-mail address will be deleted. Entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. User can gain extra entries into the contest by using Facebook as a means of entry. Alternatively, paper entry forms will be available at branch locations, digital entry method is encouraged. Lake Michigan Credit Union (LMCU) is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit internet entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about 9:00 AM EST Friday, May 17, 2013, Lake Michigan Credit Union (LMCU) will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries, subject to verification and compliance with the rules. Winner will be notified by telephone before 12:00 PM Monday, May 20, 2013. If an entrant selected as the winner cannot be reached by telephone after 30 days, is found to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these official rules, that entrant shall be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at random from among remaining entries.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and any extra entries awarded by LMCU. Extra entries are awarded by getting others to enter through a unique (per submission) referral link presented on the LMCU web page after entering. Entrant will receive one (1) extra entry for every one (1) person entered via your link, limit ten (10) extra entries. LMCU reserves the right to modify requirements and entries at any time.
3. PRIZES: Subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules, winner will receive $25,000 in the form of a cashier’s check. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for credit or merchandise. Winner will be required to redeem prize in person at LMCU’s Corporate Office during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 9:00 AM- 5:30 PM at 5540 Glenwood Hills Parkway, Grand Rapids, MI 49512. Winner will also receive up to two hours of in-person or over the phone, eco-friendly building and design tips from Carter Oosterhouse, at a mutually convenient time and place as determined by the winner and LMCU. Winner may be required to show proof of identity and eligibility and sign a Prize Acceptance form when picking up their prize. Winner agrees to be photographed and videotaped for promotional purposes at that time.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree LMCU has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by LMCU and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance of their prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless LMCU, its affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. LMCU is not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for their prize. For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after Tuesday, May 7, 2013 to: $25,000 Home Makeover Sweepstakes, Lake Michigan Credit Union, PO Box 2848, Grand Rapids, MI 49501. Requests for the winner’s name must be received by Friday, May 31, 2013.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of LMCU or their immediate family members, or to employees or immediate family of any of LMCU’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. LMCU reserves the right to withhold prizes until a completed form W-9 is received. LMCU will issue an IRS form 1099 to the winner.
6. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by Lake Michigan Credit Union, PO Box 2848, Grand Rapids, MI 49501. Void where prohibited or restricted.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the internet-related portion of this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the sweepstakes, LMCU reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion of the sweepstakes. UPICKEM and LMCU are not responsible for internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Michigan law, excluding choice of law provisions.
8. PRIVACY: LMCU or UPICKEM will not share information received on electronic or paper entry forms with any third-party vendors.